Sacramento Property Management
We can Help Manage Your Sacramento Rental Property
We offer a full range of property management services tailored to you as an investor, homeowner, or landlord. We have an extensive portfolio of single family homes, townhouses and condos in the Sacramento area.
Some of the many benefits of trusting KTB with your Sacramento Property Management needs are detailed below.
What we do as your Sacramento Property Manager
- Automated Rent Collections & Payments
- Automated Record Delivery
- Aggressive Marketing Techniques
- Minimized Vacancy & Turn Over
- Property Maintenance Follow Up
- Detailed Inspection Reports
- Most Tenants Rent More Than 2 Years
- Prompt Response to Tenant Request
For more information about Sacramento's Premier Property Management Company, please fill out the form to the right >>
Different services we offer for finding your next tenants:
Each program below is designed to fit the various needs of today's changing rental market. Which one is the perfect match for you?
Inquire About Our Services
Full Leasing and Management
Our most popular option, this serves the needs of an owner that needs a professional management company to handle both leasing and management of the home. If you have never managed a home, have no time to do it, or are unfamiliar with California Landlord Tenant Laws, this is the service for you.
Leasing and Management Services
KTB Property Management has leased over 3,000 houses in their 20 plus years of Property Management. We currently lease 10 to 15 homes a month; some using or Full Management Services and others with just the Rent-up Option. Our market place is the entire greater Sacramento region including Placer, and El Dorado counties. Here is an overview of the steps we take to market and lease your property.
Our staff of trained professionals is always available to discuss your leasing concerns and answer all of your questions about getting your investment leased quickly.
1. Request a Proposal Form
2. Phone: (916) 778-0582
- We will provide an up to date rental market analysis.
- We will advise you on what it will take to make your investment market ready for today's tenant.
Marketing your Investment
- First class Marketing Campaign including Internet posting on over 20 Real Estate websites
- Post in area Multiple Listing Service (35% of our houses are leased by outside agents)
- Installation of a professional yard sign
- A Licensed real estate agent who can present your investment 7 days a week
- Maintain a call center to accept calls live
- Provide you with up-to-date activity reports every two weeks
- We currently lease 10 to 15 homes a month
Screening the Applicant
- We will pull the potential tenant's Credit Report
- We will verify Employment & Proof of Income through written documentation
- We will confirm their previous Rental history plus any possible evictions
- We will perform background checks including criminal
- We've screened hundreds of applications a year and understand the issues
Our Move-In Procedures
- A Licensed California Locksmith will re-key your property prior to move in
- We will draft all the documents, review them with the tenant and obtain signatures
- We will perform a Move-In Inspection
- We will collect the Security Deposit and one month of rent upon signing
- Turn over new keys to the new tenant
- We have performed hundreds of move-in inspections and lease signing we understand the issues and are looking out for your best interest
Rent Up Fees
- 50% of the first months rent is charged when your new tenant moves in
- No up-front fees, photo fees, or website advertising fees.
When owners choose KTB Property Management to manage their investment property they know they have chosen a professionally trained team of real estate professionals along with well-developed systems to do the job right. We have structured our management system into three areas; Money Management, Tenant Management and Overall Property Management. Below is a brief overview of some of these services.
How We Manage Your Money
- All monies (from all parties) go into Trust Accounts which is required by the California Department of Real Estate who has the right to audit these accounts at any time.
- We Establish and Maintain Owners Escrow Account
- Electronic Owner Disbursements (and Cash Flow Statements) to all owners on the 10th of the month
- Year End Cash Flow Statements for tax preparation including 1099's
- One of the industry’s best rent collection policy
- Our primary focus is professionally enforcing the Terms of the Rental Agreement
- Collecting Rent (E-check, ACH, Credit Card, Personal Check) in a timely manner
- Handle bounced/NSF checks
- Assess and collect late fees
- Managing the eviction process
- Managing and handling safety issues
- Enforcing and handling all HOA violations
- Handling move-out inspections and disputes regarding to security deposits
- Manage and handle all normal maintenance issues
- Oversee Contractor Rehabs, Renovations, and Major Replacements. (small fee accessed)
- Handle Emergencies through a 24-hour Hotline
- Pre-Screening Vendors & Contractors. They are required to be Licensed and Insured
- Manage Vendor & Contractor Response Time and receive feedback from the tenants on work performed
- Performing Property visits and required City or County Inspections
- Schedule & oversee Preventative Maintenance Choices
Management Fee Schedule
- Single family homes: $125.00 per month
- Duplexes: $195.00 per month
- Triplexes: $245.00 per month
- Fourplexes: $295.00 per month
- Please ask for a quote for larger units.
One of your biggest expenses will take place during a vacancy; i.e., rehab costs, cleaning fees, lawn care, utilities, and worst of all no rental income. KTB Property Management is motivated to keep a tenant occupying your investment thus there is a small renewal fee.
How We Renew your Tenant
- When the tenant renews, there is at least a 3% rent increase
- We recommend methods for tenant retention
- We handle all Negotiations between tenant and owner
- Provide an up-to-date rental market analysis
- $99.00 for a 12-month extension
- Fee is prorated for a shorter extension
These are a few examples of the services KTB Property Management makes available to our valued clients. We understand you may require more information before making this important decision of whom to entrust your investment. We look forward to answering any of your questions. For more detailed information, please contact us directly or via email.
1. Request a Proposal Form
2. Phone: (916) 778-0582
Thank you for inquiring with KTB Property Management. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you.
(We lease, you manage.) In this program, we handle the marketing, showings, tenant screening and move in. Then we turn over the duties of managing the home to you. If you have limited resources to advertise, no time to find a good tenant, and need a tested and proven lease, this option is for you.
KTB’s Property Management Tenant Placement Service may just be the answer.
- We will market your property the exact same way we market our other properties. You get all the same website exposure, leasing agent attention, Real Estate market notification and signage as our lease-with-management clients get. We currently receive 30 to 40 applications a month and can lease your home quickly to a well-qualified tenant.
- You are 100% involved with the decision making. We will contact you when we have a qualified application. We will show the property; process the application; obtain their credit, rental history, and verify employment; we then review the application with you. Since you will be managing the tenant you should be making the decision as to who receives approved and the terms of the rental agreement. We will get your authorization in writing and prepare the paperwork, consistent with your approval.
- We will have the tenant authorize a Rental Agreement naming you (your LLC, Corporation or Land Trust) as the landlord. This lease has been written and approved by the California Association of Realtors. As CAR members, we are authorized to use this Rental Agreement on your behalf. Real Estate attorneys have developed this Rental Agreement and it is used throughout the State. You will also receive all the needed addendums like a pet addendum, roommate addendum, mold disclosure and more.
- KTB will perform the Move-In Inspection. We will meet the tenant at the property, document the condition, take photographs, log the make, model, and color of the appliances, hand over keys, receive the security deposit plus the first month of rent in certified funds. You will be holding their security deposit, not KTB. This is done to conform to the California Landlord Tenant Law so you are on the right track from day one!
- You get all the original documents and the security deposit. Within 7 days of their move-in you will receive all the signed documents, application, credit report, security deposit and phone numbers. KTB will keep 75% of the first month's rent as our fee and you will receive the rest.
If the tenant renews the lease (or buys the property) you owe us nothing.
Think about it:
- We do all the Marketing
- We show the property 7 days a week
- We investigate and screen the applicant
- You get to approve the transaction
- We prepare a State approved Rental Agreement
- We meet with the tenants to sign all the documents
- We do the move-in inspection with documentation
- You will receive the security deposit
- You get a copy of the keys and the contact information
- You do the management
You get our marketing expertise, our professional staff, our time tested qualifying system, A rental agreement with addendums from the California Association of Realtors, and the benefit of our move-in procedures.
Here’s what to do:
- Submit your property information so that we can run a rental comps analysis. You will receive this within 24 hours, except on weekends.
- Pay the $500.00 marketing fee (see explanation of the marketing fee below).
- Provide us the keys
- You get to go on vacation!
- We’ll do the rest; it’s that simple!
Why it makes good sense to pay KTB Property Management a $500.00 marketing fee to get into the Tenant Placement program.
There are two reasons we collect a marketing fee before we list the property.
First, we’ve done Tenant Placement for over 20 years. Experience has ta ught us that investors who use this service are entrepreneurs and hands-on investors. They will place their property on the market with KTB just to see what happens, and continue to advertise and look for their own tenant. We understand that no one wants to sits back, folds their hands and waits for us to lease the property. They keep trying to rent it themselves.
Too often, after listing the property with us, owners will accept an applicant (many times an unqualified one) from another source, and withdraw the listing to keep from paying our fee. This can be frustrating and very expensive. We have learned over time that we should expect this and not try to prevent it. Although it was unfair to KTB we could not figure out how to prevent it. So we stopped trying. The advance fee helps us recover some of our initial marketing expenses when this situation occurs. Now you can rent your own property, after listing with KTB, and pay nothing extra.
Secondly, it’s expensive to send someone to the property to take digital pictures, prepare them for marketing, prepare flyers for the local Realtors, list it on websites, put up a sign, and place a lockbox on the property. It takes a lot of time and manpower to get this done. The $500.00 advance fee helps cover some of these expenses and shows us that you are serious about tapping into our system. We don’t want everybody jumping on board “just to see how it works” as it takes too much time, labor, and money getting a property into the system.
The cost of the Tenant Placement service is $500.00 to get started, then the balance of 75% of the first month's rent when we lease the property.
Advertising and Tenant Screening
This is our most economical choice; this program allows our investors to tap into our advertising resources and to get more traffic through the door. If you are paying too much in advertising and not getting the results you need, this program just may help. We will post the Internet advertising using our most effective rental hosting websites, take the calls live, and forward the screened prospect directly to you to handle the showing and negotiating. We can even get an application completed and pull a credit report for you.
For the do-it-yourself investor, looking for maximum marketing exposure for the dollar, KTB Property Management will list your property in our marketing program, screen the callers, get an application (and credit report) and pass them on to you. The property can be anywhere in greater Sacramento; our marketing program covers Sacramento, Placer, Yolo and El Dorado counties.
Contact us today to find out more information.
What Our Clients Are Saying About UsReputation Reviews
Sacramento Area Information
The City of Sacramento, home of the state’s capital building, is rich with diverse neighborhoods with a variety of lifestyle choices. From downtown living to suburban life, the City has much to offer. Sacramento also has a Neighborhood Services division dedicated to bridging and engaging residents with resources and creating collaboration opportunities among neighborhood groups, city officials, departments and other stakeholders. As the sixth largest city in California, the city of Sacramento was also named “America’s Most Diverse City” by TIME magazine in 2002. The City is home to an excellent education system, from K-12 schools to universities. California State University, Sacramento, commonly known as Sac State is the largest university in the city and one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. Drexel University Sacramento and the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law are also centrally located in the city. Additionally, The UC David Medical Center, a world-renowned research hospital, is located in the city of Sacramento. Fifteen miles away is the University of California, Davis. In 2007, The Art Institute of California, Sacramento was established and is focused on educating students in the field of commercial arts. The Universal Technical Institute (UTI) offers automotive programs in auto mechanical, auto body, and diesel.
One of the most iconic features of Sacramento is the Tower Bridge, a pedestrian, bicycle and vehicular traffic bridge that connects Sacramento and West Sacramento. Sacramento is also known as having the fourth most largest public transportation system in the state of California. The city and its suburbs are served by Sacramento Regional Transit District, which is ranked as the ninth busiest in the Unites States. Also iconic, is Sutter’s Fort, located at the intersection of 27th and L. Originally begun in 1839, Sutter’s Fort was the first non-indigenous community in the California Central Valley. When gold was discovered at Sutter’s Mill, the fort was abandoned and has since been restored to its original condition and it now administered by California Department of Parks and Recreation. In 1961, it was designated a National Historic Landmark.
The city of Sacramento has a variety of events, activities and entertainment, as well as a large performing arts community. There are several major theatre venues for Sacramento. The Sacramento Convention Center Complex governs both the Community Center Theatre, where The Sacramento Ballet, Sacramento Philharmonic Orchestra and the Sacramento Opera perform. The complex also governs the Memorial Auditorium. The Wells Fargo Pavilion is home to Sacramento’s oldest theatre organization, The Sacramento Theatre Company and is one of the smallest theatre venues in the area. Professional theatre is represented in Sacramento by a number of companies including California Musical Theatre, Music Circus, and The Sacramento Theatre Company. During the summer months, William Land Park holds The Sacramento Shakespeare Festival to provide entertainment under the stars. Established in 1977, The Sacramento Metropolitan Arts Commission provides several arts programs for the city. These include Art in Public Places, Arts Education, Grants and Cultural Programs, Poet Laureate Program, Arts Stabilization Programs and other resources and opportunities. Sacramento Second Saturday Art Walk is a program of local art galleries that stay open into the late evenings, providing a unique experience for the local population as well as tourists to view original art and meet the artists themselves. Sacramento also houses The Crocker Art Museum, the oldest public art museum west of the Mississippi River. Other museums in Sacramento include The California State Railroad Museum in Old Sacramento and The California Automobile Museum, located just south of Old Sacramento. Annually, Sacramento hosts Museum Day, in which 26 museums in the greater Sacramento area offer free admission.
In 2012, Sacramento started the marketing campaign as “America’s Farm-To-Fork Capital” due to Sacramento’s many restaurants that source their food locally from the numerous surrounding farms. Their mission is to communicate a regional identity that celebrates the local sustainability and food production of the Sacramento region by featuring the farmers, chefs and culinary community that make the Sacramento region the Farm-to-Fork Capital of America. Sacramento is also known for its beverage culture, with keystone events that include Cal Expo’s Grape and Gourmet, Sacramento Beer Week, and Sacramento Cocktail Week.
Sacramento is home to one major league sports team – the Sacramento Kings of the National Basketball Association. In October of 2014, ground broke to build a new arena, which will open in 2016. The city is also home to the Sacramento River Cats, a AAA minor league baseball team as well as an affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, and the Sacramento Republic FC, an American professional soccer team.
The city of Sacramento has an extensive park system consisting of over 5,000 acres of parkland and recreation centers. American River Parkway is a 23-mile parkway that runs along the American River consisting of many smaller parks and boat launching points. William Land Park has many different attractions including The Sacramento Zoo, Fairytale Town, Funderland and The William Land Golf Course.