Property Management and Real Estate Blog
Today we are sharing information on how to screen a tenant properly and how we can assist you with that at KTB Management.
When we find a tenant for a home, we ask them to fill out an application online through our website. This allows applicants to put in all the information that’s required, and it allows them to download their identification and their income verification. They send the application to us and we can begin screening them immediately, even within the hour. This helps to expedite the whole process and get a tenant into your home a little quicker.
Applicants will provide us with information like social security numbers and driver’s license numbers. We run a credit report and we look very carefully at all the information that’s in that report. We require a minimum credit score of 635. We also verify income, which has to be at least 3 times the rental rate. For example, if you are renting out a home for $2,000 per month that means a tenant will need to earn close to $75,000 per year. Then, we do a background check and we also do a rental history check. It’s important to place the proper tenant in your home. You want someone with a good track record, who will pay rent and care for your home as much as you would.
Professional property managers do a lot of work behind the scenes. We meet tenants at the property and talk to them for 25 or 30 minutes so we can really get to know them and their situation because we are looking for quality. We also want to find out how we can assist them in getting a great home.
I hope we can help you some day. If you’d like additional advice on screening tenants, please contact us at KTB Property Management, and well answer any other questions you have.Read More
- How to Handle Maintenance & Repairs for your Sacramento Rental Home
- How to Handle Evictions – Sacramento Property Management Education
- How to Screen Tenants – Property Management Sacramento
- Collect Rent like a Professional - Sacramento Landlord Advice
- Professional Property Management Services: What You Get for Your Money
- How Much Does Property Management Cost in Sacramento?
- Smoke Detector Law is Changing
- It looks like a good time to buy!